View Full Version : The Master Work

john costa
11-08-2002, 09:44 PM
I'm sitting here with the master leather crafter Sandy Morrissey, he spending the night in my home on our way to Pop's hammer in tommorow. He brought me 3 sheathes that he finished. A word of warning, NO DRULLING ON YOUR KEY BOARD....:D.
What a Master! I'm truly honored to call him my friend.

enjoy,

john costa

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p04fe1f9d90c94b066dcdb8852a7109a7/fd10f002.jpg

Martyn
11-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Drool!

No-fair.

Fabulous work, I can only dream, ahwell, maybe in about 50 years ;)

Chuck Burrows
11-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Sandy those are truly exquisite. Nuff said!

Martyn it just takes time, patience, and doing it. Practice really does make perfect. Well almost perfect - I'm sure like me Sandy is his own worst critic - He KNOWS every bobble intimately even when other folks don't notice.

Again huzzah Old Man Leather.

Respectfully yours-
Chuck

J. Hartt
11-09-2002, 11:48 AM
WOW. Great looking stuff.

Ooops, just dripped onto the keyboard.

J. Hartt

DiamondG Knives
11-09-2002, 02:42 PM
awsome looking sheaths!
are the ones with the G on them relife carved?

Great work!

Sandy Morrissey
11-09-2002, 11:58 PM
GEORGIA !!! Go Georgia--- Go Dawgs! And Chuck, don't you think that "antique" has a better ring than "Old" ? I am trying to salvage a little dignity here. Yuk-- Yuk. From "The antique leather man" Sandy P.S.---that doesn't ring like a bell either, maybe we should try "Mature" ?

Chuck Burrows
11-10-2002, 12:28 AM
Perhaps the line from "Out of Africa" would fit best -
"Cranky, Demanding old $@&!!"

That's what Linda calls me anyway. She also says I'm not mature just ripe!

Remember it ain't the years it's the mileage and I know your odometer has turned over quite a few times. The fingers are still working though. I just spent the last three hours wielding a swivel knife so mine are all cramped into claws.

Good to hear from you mi amigo.

Vaya co Dios
Chuck